Morning Prayers

Every morning I pray with the boys on the way to school.
Gabe announced that when I pray he has a good day, he inevitably ends up having a bad one.  So he has requested that I don't pray "for a good day".  I don't anymore.
I typically thank God for the weather, getting to school on time and a good start to our day, then I pray for the boys to have fun, learn a lot, and be good friends and good students.  Sometimes if there is a specific issue they are dealing with I pray for that.  We also read a quick devotion on the way to school and sometimes I tie that in to my morning prayer with the boys.
Today, Eli asked to pray.
He prayed that Gabe have fun at school, for himself to be a good student, that dad would "have a good day at work even though everyone else is off today and he has to stay the night and for mom..... (long pause) .... and that mom has a good day...... (long pause).... shopping."
Great.  That is what he thinks I do all day while he is off at school and dad is off working.
Never mind that the house is usually clean, he has food to eat, and clean clothes to wear.  Never mind that I'm running 20+ miles a week as I train for a 1/2 marathon.  Never mind that I go to bible study, volunteer three days a week, and manage our household finances.
"Dear God, help mom have a good day......shopping".

Nice.

Since he did pray I have a good day shopping....seems appropriate for me to head out and look for some cute Easter shoes!

Comments

Popular Posts