One Wish

God came to Solomon in a dream and told him to ask for the one thing he desired from God. Solomon's response was pleasing to God. He said "Now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king in place of my father David, yet I am but a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in. Your servant is in the midst of Your people which You have chosen, a great people who are too many to be numbered or counted. So give Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people to discern between good and evil." Of all the things Solomon could have asked for, wealth, power, glory, long life or love, he asked for wisdom. Perhaps the fact that he asked for wisdom proves that he was indeed already wise.
In so many ways, like Solomon, we are just children in this world and what we need more than financial blessings, power, glory or earthly love is an understanding heart and discernment.
I pray this gift of wisdom for myself and for my family. I pray that I will have wisdom as I continue to raise my boys, instilling in them a set of moral values and Biblical beliefs, in the choices I make daily, and in the big decisions that Matt and I make for our family.

Comments

Popular Posts