Being of sound mind and pressed for time....

I, Clarissa, currently of Mannheim but realistically from all over the US except Alabama - that was just a pit stop and I'm not claiming it - do hereby whilst still being of sound mind submit the following as a last Will and Testament:
The kids, bills, dirty house, piles of boxes, cars, any back taxes or future lottery winnings and anything else that may be attached to our name will go to Katina and Tom unless they find some way to prove they can't possibly take on my rascals in which case Tom and Mika get it all.
Whew. I hope this holds up in court.
Neither Matt nor I have an actual Will. I can't believe we have had kids for almost 9 years and didn't bother to do a Will. I know, I know, we need to do that. It isn't that we think we are invincible, its just that we are lazy and don't want to take the time to sit in the legal office for who knows how long waiting to get some paperwork printed off and notarized.
It is now officially on my to-do list....just after registering the van and filling out that 40 page application (which I have had for 1 year) to be a substitute teacher.
While I haven't made any real steps toward a legit will, I did obtain a temporary guardianship power of attorney for Mika today. I was entirely too excited about this accomplishment. Basically, the sheet of paper gives Mika the authority to care for the kids in my absence. I needed this little gem because Matt and I are off to Crete on Sunday and if the boys get a tummy ache or need to sign up for the next session of swim lessons, Mika needs some form of paperwork to do so. What is super cool about my guardianship POA is that is also authorizes Mika to travel with my kids "from Germany to California". I told her she was welcome to take them on a trip any time. Just swing by and get the passports, don't forget the POA and they can be on their way!
It is a little step, but I feel great about remembering to do it, doing it, and giving it to her. It is the small things that can really turn your day around.

Comments

Popular Posts