Addiction

My name is Clarissa and I have a sickness. I am addicted to jackets and shoes.
I seriously cannot let myself buy another pair of boots, or shoes (except for one black pair of dressy heals) for the rest of the year. I know, that was a strong statement, but it is necessary. I have an abundance of great shoes. I'm not talking cheap Payless Shoe Source fall apart shoes, I'm talking genuine leather, make your feet happy shoes. I have red shoes, yellow shoes, plenty of black and brown shoes. I have clogs, slip ons, ties, strappy sandals, high heals, flats, knee high boots, mid-calf boots, snow boots, rain boots, running shoes, Converse, flip flops, slippers, and I even have a pair of hiking boots which is simply dumb because 95% of all our adventures involve subways and town squares neither of which require ankle support. I am ashamed about the number of cows that gave up their flesh to support my shoe problem. No more shoes. Except for that one pair of black dressy shoes because I need to replace a pair that I have that are hurtin' - not just hurting my feet but they look rough, not my feet, the shoes.
And with the jackets. This is not an intentional thing. Deeply discounted jackets practically throw themselves at me. Last week I happened upon a seriously adorable navy peacoat that made me gasp it was so cute, and then when I saw the price tag and found out it was €15, I nearly ran to the cashier to buy it before someone else noticed that I was practically stealing. It is that cute. Then just this week I was visiting my favorite coat at the PX here on post and noticed it was on sale. I couldn't justify spending $148 on a coat because I really don't need another winter coat, but love it so much I regularly try it on and pretend it is mine. So, a few days ago I was enjoying my visit with this shimmery blue North Face puffer coat and I found out it was on sale for $67. Uh oh. I walked around with it for about 30 minutes and then snatched it up. I know it isn't a scammin' deal like the navy peacoat, but it is so cute and look at that discount. How can I walk away from that? A stronger person would. A stronger person has. And from now on, I will be that stronger person...unless...no - regardless of how cheap a coat is, I won't buy it.
How will I do this? No more looking. That's it. No shoe-googling no coat visiting. I'm done.

At this point after reading this, you might be thinking to yourself "wow, there is a good 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back". To which I say "I'm sorry". In order to buy back a little of that lost time, I will offer you some advise: don't watch "Buried". It might be the most ridiculous movie I have ever seen. Since the movie is 100 minutes and this posting only sucked up 10 or so, you are back in the positive.





Comments

mrscotis said…
I thought I couldn't love you more then I read this blog. You crack me up!! Coming from the shoe and coat addicted as well cousin, you inspire me, but I have to say I will buy more shoes and coats this year. Sorry!!
Rachael said…
you are hilarious! I do have to tell you, a few months ago I found a deeply discounted roxy jacket at our favorite outlet store . . . I couldn't help myself either! You are not alone!

Popular Posts