Patience is NOT a virtue....be anxious in ALL things

It isn't Biblical but it is my reality.
While waiting and wondering what the outcome of a particularly frustrating situation will be, I've managed to make myself sick and spend 3 nights tossing and turning rather than resting peacefully. I'm tired of waiting and anxious to find out answers - and I fear my inability to just let it go, is causing me physical and mental harm.
Moses went up on the mountain to talk to God and was gone for about 6 weeks. In those six weeks the Israelites lost their faith and turned to other gods. God had been faithful to them to bring them out of Egypt, he gave them food and water, and he provided the closest thing to a GPS in those days to lead them to the promised land. And yet 6 weeks was all it took for them to turn away from their deliverer and find something to satisfy their immediate desires.
It is easy to mock those crazy Israelites. I mean really, 6 weeks? However today, I find myself making too many visits to the toilet and in a state of complete mental incapacitation after just 4 days. No, I'm not turning away from God, but I surely am not resting in the assurance that he actually has this in his hands. Have I forgotten all that He has done for me and all he has brought us through after just 4 days of waiting and wondering?

Comments

mrscotis said…
take some tummy crack it does wonders. :)
No really, I so understand. Praying for you.

Popular Posts