You Are Here

I love that little dot on the map that says "You are Here". It leaves nothing to question. As long as you find the dot on the map, you know where you are. There is no guesswork, no room for error, just find the dot and then rest in the knowledge that you are not lost....you are here.
I'm here. I know right where I am on this map and it is a good place to be. My husband has a secure, decent paying job that allows me the luxury of staying home with our boys, our family is healthy and generally happy, we have a clean, safe home, we have family and good friends who love and support us, we are free from burdens that weigh us down, my husband is not deployed, and we have the amazing opportunity to travel throughout Europe at a fraction of the cost of living in the States. What more can I ask for?
In these troubled economic times so many people are longing for a job. In these times of disaster people would give so much for a safe place to lay their head at night. People are sick praying for health, people are lonely, cast out by society begging for someone to love them. People are so worried about tomorrow that they can't laugh today. Families are separated by deployments. Vacation is a foreign word to so many. And here I am whining about little things that seem unfair in this moment instead of treasuring the blessings that I have.
I wasted a few hours today being grumpy, but I choose at this moment not to go back down that road but to be thankful for being right where I am.




Comments

Popular Posts