More than Expected.

I did way more than I expected to do today. I ran 6 miles, took everything out of the fridge an wiped it all down, mopped the floor, cleaned out the trash can, did laundry, made three meals, chatted on the phone with a good friend, paid bills, played Mario Cart with Eli, and watched last nights episode of THE amazing race.
I set out to run my 4 mile loop this morning after dropping Eli off at school. A friend of mine asked if she could join me. Wow. Finally, a running buddy? I planned to select a good album, plug in my headphone, start my nike+ and roll, but this was going to be even better! I started the nike+ so that I could keep an eye on our pace and track our distance and we were off. 3 miles into the very enjoyable run I looked down to see how we were doing and . . . the ipod was gone. MY ipod touch that I love so much and treat as if it were a fragile newborn baby. Gone. The ipod that has never seen the light of day without being cradled it its pink leather case, or snuggled into the armband. MIA. We immediately turned around and retraced our steps. I recalled that I made 3 turns that could have jostled the ipod out of the stroller and one time, I hit a trash can. We ran all the way back, keeping our eyes open for any sign of my precious ipod touch encased it its black armband and paid close attention in the areas where I hit the can and made the turns. We got nothing. *For the record, I never lost a newborn, a 5 year old, yes, newborn no. So the analogy still works. * Our quick 4 mile run turned into a zippy 6 mile run. We were high-tailing it back hoping to find the ipod. Poor running buddy felt so bad for me. She knew that if she were not with me I would have been wearing the ipod. I put it in the stroller, I claim full responsibility, and don't expect that anyone who found it will return it. I would be ecstatic if they did, but not hopeful in that area. Who loses and ipod while using it? Just me.
After I picked Eli up from school we had snacks and then I went into the kitchen to get Gabe a cup of water. I see the water jug in the fridge, and about a quart of orange juice all over the place too. WHO DUMPED THE OJ AND DIDN'T TELL ME? Eli confesses that he spilled it but was afraid he would get in trouble if he told me, so he left it. I then had to take out every shelf, container, and drawer to get the sticky OJ out of the fridge. It is pretty darn clean now.
As I was tossing out some old food and paper towels I realized the trash was full. I pulled out the trash bag only to find that it leaked into the can. Yeah. So, now there is trash juice all over the floor and in the can. I clean out the can, mop the floor, and start dinner.
Whew. So much for an easy Monday.

Comments

Suzann said…
OMG - I feel your pain. I have become so attached to my Touch that I would be devastated if it disappeared like that. You seem to be taking it very well. How sad :0( But, on the bright side, you can get a new, bigger, better one! Hope your Monday ends better than it started :0)

Popular Posts