What to do?

I finished my German homework and even put an hour or so into reviewing verbs, vocab and grammar. The kids are in bed, the laundry and dishes are done, and I've checked my email and facebook accounts. What to do now?
I have a stack of receipts on the make-shift desk that need to be entered into Quicken, I have a few chapters of my bible study book to read, I could snuggle into bed and read my leisure book, or I can raid the fridge and eat the raw chocolate chip cookie dough.
Clearly, I have some tough choices here. The books and bills are too serious for this late hour so I decided to blog.
Earlier this evening I asked Eli to get a book and read it to Gabe. 1. Eli is a fabulous reader but can always use more practice. 2. Gabe had a short school week last week so I needed to finish off our "Seasons" section. This killed two birds with one stone. While I was taking care of some stuff in the other room I heard Eli reading to Gabe. Eli wasn't just reading to Gabe, he was teaching him. He would read a sentence or paragraph and then stop and chat about it with Gabe. "Every year the Jews would celebrate the harvest .... Gabe do you know another word for harvest? Do you know what harvest means? It is when . . " He is such a great little teacher. Maybe I should hire him to sub for me when I'm not feeling up to it!
I'm so glad the boys have each other. They are such good buddies.
So, I stacked the receipts nicely and double checked my account to make sure it wasn't empty, put my bible study book on the nightstand for tomorrow night, ate some graham crackers instead of the cookie dough and now I'm off to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts