If You Give a Pig a Pancake

If You Give a Pig a Pancake is the title of a popular children's book that chronicles an adventurous morning with a pig. The pig gets a pancake, he needs syrup, syrup reminds him of the farm where all his buddies live, he misses the buddies, wants to write buddies a letter, letter reminds him of a story he once heard... and on and on.
Tonight I had a pig and a pancake moment.
While crushing corn flakes for a hashbrown casserole I am making for breakfast tomorrow I was reminded of the time my mom made some chicken dish that called for corn flakes but my mom used Total instead. Then I thought that my mom might have a different version of the story, which reminded me of the time my mom was climbing a ladder and one by one the rungs broke and my sister and I laughed our heads off and LOVE to retell that story. Mom falling reminded me of the time Mika tripped going UP the stairs at Potomac Mills and when I looked over to see what happened I realized she managed to save her newly purchased grande coffee from dumping all over the ground. What I didn't notice was that it splashed a little on her face and she walked around the mall all night with coffee splatter on her face. That reminded me of Mike making me coffee every morning when I stay with him and my cousin Rhonda. Staying with Mike and Rhonda reminded me of the awesome house party we had at Rhonda and Mike's house the summer of 2008. Tom, Mika, Tom, Katina, the girls, my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, me, and the boys all convened at Rhonda and Mike's house and had the most fabulous time ever. That great weekend reminded me of the time we utilized every possible sleeping surface in our house when my parents, Tom, Katina and the girls came to stay with us for Christmas. That Christmas reminded me of last Christmas when Mika stayed with me for almost 6 weeks. Mika staying with us last Christmas reminded me of the many guests that came to stay with us while we lived in DC. Which reminded me of the guestbook that my friend Rachael bought me to properly document all our guests. That got me thinking about Rachael who I miss so dearly. I thought about the time that we had living in the same neighborhood in VA. Thinking about Virginia reminded me of the fabulous life we had there and how much I miss seeing our friends and sharing our life with them. The friends, the adventures, our life was so wonderful there and it was so hard to leave. Then I thought about how hard leaving was. Which took me back to that day when I left Virginia only to arrive in Oakland 8 hours later with Tom and Mika waiting to pick us up at the airport. We stayed with Tom's parents in Antioch and had the most relaxing weekend I can remember. We played in the pool, went to a Giants game, and ate delicious food that Ken and Cyndi slaved over every day. I'll never forget our super brunch when we drank mimosas and ate every possible breakfast/brunch food known to man.... including hashbrown casserole which of coarse reminded me that I better finish making mine.

Comments

Unknown said…
I like you version better than the pigs!!!
mrscotis said…
Your BIG bro loves reading your blog and you make me laugh and cry all in a good way.
Love Your BIG Bro!!!!

Popular Posts