Catching Up.

Let's see, where did I leave off? I arrived safely at Fort Rucker on Sunday the 23rd in time to unpack the van, go for a run, and enjoy a tasty dinner with family and friends. The next few days were spent hanging out with the Mlack gang, and visiting my friend Katie and her son Keaton, who were all down in Alabama for Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving day was great. I woke up, worked on my newsletter for church, went for a jog, and then we all headed down to Dothan for our Cracker Barrel feast. Matt and I dined on turkey, ham, sweet potato and pecan casserole, corn, cornbread stuffing and delicious bisquits. The meal was topped off with an apple pie with pecan stussel topping. Yum. It was so tasty. At the end of the meal the nice waitress came and took away all the dishes and the only thing I had to do was roll myself out of my chair! After dinner we all went to the new theatre in town to watch Bolt in 3-D. It was a good movie and a fun way to pass the time.
Black Friday came early for Mika and I, 2:45 to be exact. We were out the door by 3am and off to Dothan for some crazy shopping maddness. We had a great time shopping, something we do very well together, and getting a start on our Christmas shopping. We followed our traditional shopping rule "one for them, one for me". We ended up with quite a few little treasures for ourselves.
A few more days down in Alabama and Mika, Madison, the boys and I were on the road to come home. Remember that 10 hour and 4 hour drive that brought me down to Alabama? Our 10 hour stretch turned into 13 and what should have been a quick 4 hour cruise home ended up taking 7. Traffic, potty stops, road closures, rain, and slow service for meals all combined were the source of the additional time on the road. We were very happy to arrive safely home.
Since then, we have been catching up, getting into a new routine, decorating the house and trying to finish off Christmas shopping. Matt arrived home on the 5th, we picked up our tree on the 6th, and hosted part of a Christmas progressive dinner on the 7th.
Days seem to be flying by. As each day passes during this season of Advent I try to remember to slow down, and take it all in.

Comments

Popular Posts