RTE 123

My van has a fancy little warning light that tells me if my tires are low. What a great feature! I don't even have to kick the tires before I head off on a road trip because the car will tell me if I need to get air.
Once in Clarksville, I was driving along and suddenly I noticed my low air pressure light on. I did what I knew best. I whipped out the cell phone and called Mika. At the time she was 7 months pregnant, it was 100 degrees with 100 percent humidity, but she still came to my rescue. I don't know how to put air in my tires, so she was coming to help. Turns out, I had a nail in the tire and ended up taking the van across the street to a tire shop for a speedy repair. That was the last time, and only time, my cute little tire light worked properly.
Enter - route 123. Route 123 or Ox Road is a road I travel on often. It is nearly a straight shot from my house to the church - and a road I travel on at least twice a week. At least half of the time that I am driving on rte 123 my tire light comes on. Never on Fairfax County Parkway, I-66, I-95, or any of the other roads that I travel on, only rte 123. What is the deal? Is there some weird gravitational anomaly on that road that confuses my tire light?
One time it was snowing and I was on my way to church, halfway down the road I see the tire light. This is not good. I was wearing heals and had no gloves, umbrella, or any other snow related items. I pulled over, looked at the tires and they looked fine. Now my feet were freezing, I was soaking wet, and my tires were fine. A few miles down the road I noticed the light turn off.
One day this summer my tire was so low that a kind passerby got my attention at a light and alerted me that I needed to pull over. Sure enough, my tire was really low, and wouldn't you know it, my tire light was dark as could be. But I was on Prince William County Parkway, NOT rte 123.
Once or twice would be a fluke but regularly? That is a mystery. Now I just think of the light as a friendly reminder that I have tires and leave the condition of my tires up to random strangers
.

Comments

Unknown said…
Reminds me of my aisle 2 no cell service in Safeway. Aisle 1, clear as a bell. Aisle 3, no cutting out or dropped call. Aisle 2, apparently extra potent salsa the disturbs the cell service!!!
Unknown said…
So . . . you are forgetting that your mysterious tire light also likes to display itself on the way home from the beach- perhaps as a friendly reminder that we could have had a disaster on our hands with 3.5 kids in the car . . . but yet we were not on rt. 123- hmmmmm!

Popular Posts