I woke up this morning and pulled out my phone to check the weather.  
Around here the weather can change dramatically from day to day or even from hour to hour.  Yesterday started off looking like a typical fall day, by noon the sky opened up the rain came down with serious force, by 4pm the rain had stopped and the sky cleared but the temperature dropped about 20 degrees.
Weather apps are vital to my morning routine.  I rely heavily on the morning report to determine how to clothe myself.  It is really less about fashion and more about not wearing suede shoes in the rain or a heavy sweater on a sunny afternoon.
So, this morning I begrudgingly rolled out of bed, checked the weather app and was confused.
Snow?  That doesn't make sense.  It is November 3.
I was confident that the app was wrong so I trekked over to the window to see for myself.  And yes, it was snowing.  Not only was it coming down snow, it was actually sticking!
My first thought was "oh so pretty".
My second thought was "we are going to be in school until July"

If fall is dropping snow, what are we in for this winter?

When I got home I ventured in to the boys' rooms to pick up their laundry and Eli had a pair of shorts on the floor.  I asked "what are these from?"  He responded "ya, those were a bad idea".  Someone didn't check their weather app this morning and ended up freezing his knees off.

Snow in the first days of November.  Here we go.

Comments

Popular Posts