Costume parties are ridiculously fun.
There should be more costume parties in my life.

This past weekend Matt and I hopped on down to San Fransisco, met up with his brother and sister-in-law, and went to a friend's concert.  Lucky us, the friend's band is an 80's cover band.
Totally radical.

Matt decided he was going at Steven Tyler.
This annoyed me a little because Steven Tyler is a super weird dresser, but not necessarily iconic 80's, and he doesn't have a sidekick.
I'm a big fan of coordinating costumes.
Like the time we went dressed up as Popeye and Olive Oil


















or K-Fed and Brittany Spears


Those were fun costumes.
But there is no "Steven Tyler and...." and he's totally an odd duck that nothing really goes with.
So I found some of the most unbelievable items from my local thrift stores and even some new threads at Target and pulled together a legit Steven Tyler costume. My sister helped us finish off the costume by adding some blonde locks to a rocker wig.

I dubbed my costume "Nearly 40 year old mom chaperones 80's prom".
It was spot on.  My hair was so teased, I honestly wasn't sure it would ever recover.

The siblings landed awesome costumes too.  Best of the night was that G kept splitting his jeans because they were too tight.  When they finally spit to the point of indecency a friend offered up her cheetah print yoga pants.  A tiny friend - like size small, a foot shorter and about 100 pounds lighter than G. So by the time the concert started Matt's brother was wearing a rocker mullet wig, rocker tee with cut off sleeves, and very tight women's yoga pants.  He was hit on ALL night.  By men.  That was pretty awesome, for us bystanders, no so comfortable for him!
















Somehow I don't have any photos of G in his leggings.  Maybe that's for the best.

Sparkle Party1 was just a warm-up.  Sparkle Party 2 (New Year's 2016) is stepping up a notch.  Be ready fellow sparklers.

Comments

Popular Posts