22 Days Down...

I have ran or walked every single day for the past 22 days.
Most of those days I was alone attempting to keep focused on praying for my peeps.
Every once in a while a kid joins me on his bike.  Matt ran with me once, the whole family tackled a few miles of hiking once, and there was that very odd time that about 10 minutes into the run my father in law called.  I slowed my pace and ended up talking with him for the next 20 minutes.  That was not exactly how I wanted to spent my time on that run, but he never calls me so it seemed like a good use of some of my time.
I'm about halfway there and I'm a little tired.
I actually wake up some mornings and start dreading the run even though I'm not planning to start running for another 8 hours.
My legs hurt a little.
I usually run every other day, even when I was training for the half-marathon I didn't run every day.  I'm not running as far as I did when training and some days I spend more time walking than running, but this everyday business is annoying.
Pouring down rain, wind blowing so hard that tree branches were falling into the path ahead of me, freezing cold temps, darkness... you name it, there have been challenges.
My legs actually hate me.  They told me so today when I was dragging them up a hill.

There have been some pretty cool things happen so far.
I learned how to blow snot out of one nostril while closing the other nostril with my finger and NOT get snot anywhere else on my face or hands.  Be impressed.
I learned that sometimes it is ok to just flat out vent to God.
I have seen some answers to my prayers.  Holy cow answers.  Not like Red Sea parting or dead people back to life answers but some things I was praying about actually happened and it shocked me.
I have learned that I have no data reception between 25th Ave NE and South Bay Road and therefore if I intend to listen to iTunes Radio I need to take a different route.
I find that so many times I don't know what to pray for or about. In order to keep myself from making lists or getting too side tracked I started praying for random people out on the trail.
I believe that my fear of dogs is justified.  Dogs regularly lunge at me when I run by.  Not in a friendly way.  In a "I am going to eat your face" way or in the case of that little poodle "I'm going to eat your ankles".
The thing that gets me out the door every day is my desire to stick with what I started, not to give up on this commitment just because of weather or a busy schedule.
I have also learned that if I plan ahead a little more, my running schedule, and life for that matter would be a little easier.
18 more days until Easter... I think I can do this.


Comments

Allison said…
Go, go, go!!! You've got this.
Rachael said…
I love it. What a great idea for Lent. Snot rocket expert? Awesome!

Popular Posts