Night Out

Last Friday Matt and I went to his Battalion Ball.
These things can be enjoyable.
They can also be painfully not enjoyable.
I was feeling that this one would be option two.

Matt was the MC, which means he will be working all night and I will be left without my date.  Lame.  That little problem would be minor if I had a single friend in the Battalion.  But since I don't, that fact is huge for me.

Matt has an amazing ability of introducing me to some guy he works with and then walking away.  That leaves the poor guy to either talk with me until I walk away, or leave me and feel bad for leaving a little sad lost puppy standing alone.  I really need to talk to Matt about this date ditching thing he does.

So I arrived at the hotel and enjoyed some sweet tunes in the van for a half hour while Matt did stuff.  I finally came in, was date ditched a few times, I spent some time in the bathrooms (visited a bunch of different ones so people don't catch on) I ordered about 15 glasses of Ginger Ale at the bar (I guess looking like an alcoholic seemed better than looking like a loner?) and that passed the first 90 minutes.

Here I am....alone at the ball.

Once the formal portion of the evening started things improved dramatically.  Everyone was sitting down, so I chatted with my table mates, ate some food, and enjoyed Matt's most awesome presentation.  He completely ROCKED it!  He wrote the entire script for the evening and insured that this was a memorable event for everyone in attendance.

Once the speeches and ceremonial business was over, the best dance party ever broke out!  Not kidding.  The dance floor was packed, the music was awesome, the people were so fun, and I couldn't stop smiling!  Matt ditched me a few more times but I blended with the other dancers so all was good.  At one point I looked over at Matt and asked "outside of military balls, when can adults experience prom all over again?"  So much fun.

And here is what happens when Matt walks in while I'm posting onto my blog.  I was searching for a ball photo of Matt and I and then Matt just started scrolling around my computer and
accidentally uploaded this photo of Eli to my blog.

The highlight of my night might just be witnessing Matt's daring dance moves during "Shout".  There is a time in the song where the lyrics say "a little bit softer now, a little bit softer now" and everyone gets low..... .  People were scrunched down as low as they could, and then I look over and my husband is laying on the floor curled up in a ball.  So doggone funny!  Maybe you had to have been there but just trust me, it was funny.

And here we are together dancing the night away.
The entire night after the formal part of the event probably a hundred people came up to Matt congratulating him on a job well done.  He definitely made his boss proud, and he impressed our guest speaker actor Mark Valley so much that Mr. Valley actually asked Matt if his job in the Army was to MC events.  Ha!

It was the best Battalion Ball I've attended.
I so wish my pals could have experienced it with me!

Comments

Popular Posts