Moving On

Sitting at 30,000 feet it suddenly hits me all over again... life as I knew it, is no longer. Moving is part of my life, it's what we do every three years and for the most part, I love it. As I am flying or driving toward my new destination my thoughts are usually filled with excitement about what adventures our new home will bring. A little fear often wells up when I think about friends I'm leaving and I wonder if I will meet anyone to fill those roles. Then I quickly recall that I have found at least one good friend everywhere we have ever lived and surely I will again. Sometimes I worry about finding a house, but I have lived in just about every type of abode and managed to make it a home, so those thoughts pass quickly too. The excitement typically outweighs the anxiety and the feeling of loss subsides about the same time as I reach my destination. But this time is different, its much more difficult. Matt says that I say that every time, I think he might be right. I distinctly remember thinking nothing could be better than our life in VA! This move is more difficult than the last, and the last one was more difficult than the time before. Is it because I am getting less adventurous? More settled? Less interested in moving? I don't think so. I think it is because life simply just keeps getting better and better. Unfortunately, that makes closing each chapter of my life's book more and more difficult. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Comments

Popular Posts