Farewell: Round 5

The Ladies.
The time finally came to say goodbye to the ladies that I have been meeting with for almost 3 years.  They are dear friends who offer wise counsel, laughter, and great company.  Although I hope our paths will cross again and I know we'll keep in touch as much as possible, the time that we had to be fully invested in each other's lives, to share the daily little things and the big things, has come to an end.
I'll be on the same flight at Allison so our final goodbye will be in Baltimore and my family may have a chance to see Angela again before we move, but yesterday was the last day that us ladies were together with the purpose to just be together.
Our plan was to meet up, have lunch and then linger.  Although we all had new travel adventures to share, and exciting news about various future plans, the mood was gray and the laughter just wasn't there as usual.  I was on the verge of crying the entire time and couldn't help but think about the fact that this was it, our last time sharing a meal together here in Germany.
As always, our time together ended with some prayers for each other.  Cue tears and ugly cry face. We are all abundantly thankful for the time we had together and I will treasure these days we shared always.

Comments

Popular Posts