Butter, Sugar, Flour, Eggs

... ingredients I am missing from my life.
The ingredients used to collectively make a sweet treat once a week during our ladies' bible study. However, butter moved to NY, Sugar moved to Sembach, and Flour moved to Vogelweh, all that is left here in Mannheim is eggs. When you are used to all that other stuff mixed together, eggs are boring. Eggs are fine, but it is simply amazing that when you add sugar, butter, and flour to them, you get a whole new creation, much better than just eggs alone.
My ladies are gone. Though two are still in the general area, everyone has been super busy this summer and we haven't got together since the end of June. I miss those Wednesdays. I miss those mornings when everything else took second place to our time together. I miss learning, laughing and just being together. I also miss the breakfast treats, literally. We used to eat some type of homemade muffin, cake, or pastry goodness every Wednesday morning and that sweetness satisfied me for a week. Now, I find myself drooling over breakfast and brunch recipes wishing I had my ladies back to cook for and to cook for me. Every time I have considered making baked french toast, muffins, cinnamon rolls, monkey bread or pulling out a new recipe, I stop - roll my eyes at the thought of how unimpressed my kids would be and decide against it. My kids like cereal and box mix muffins, they have no appreciation for over-night french toast with blueberries and creme cheese, or cinnamon chip scones. They also don't have sweet words of wisdom and encouragement, prayerful hearts, and friendship like my ladies.
I think a brunch is long overdue!

Comments

darea26 said…
I cried through the singing at church the other day, thinking of my ladies and missing them!! I KNOW:(

Popular Posts