Wednesday is the day three of my friends gather at one of our homes to drink coffee, eat some delicious (usually homemade) breakfasty yumminess, and participate in a bible study. We have done a few different bible studies using a DVD and study guide, we freelanced through the minor prophets, dabbled a little in Revelation, and recently started reading a book by Timothy Keller called King's Cross. Keller also wrote Reason for God and some other best sellers that I have heard are wonderful.
We decided on King's Cross because it is a look at Jesus' life based on the book of Mark. In the book, Keller leads the reader through detailed explanation of the gospel of Mark. We are on chapter 4 and while that is too early to throw out a review, it is so great so far that I must share. Keller is a great writer and his insight coupled with his literary skills make for a very enjoyable and enlightening read. If you are looking for a new book, check this one out.
Today Gabriel got in trouble at school. Tuesday Gabriel got in trouble at school but that isn't the point. Yesterday Gabriel apparently climbed across a table, touched a friend's snack, and refused to do his schoolwork. You could blame his parents, but at this point I would like to blame it on the fact that he hasn't been in school for over a week and seemed to forget how to act there. Or maybe just blame his parents. So, today when I picked him up I gave him the look that asks "how was today?" and he gave me the look that said "not good mom". When I asked him what happened he said "I was messing around in line." I sighed a great huff of disappointment and then he continued "but mom, I didn't climb on the table".
Small victories? The teacher told me he keeps making a scrunched up mad face at her sometimes accompanied by a grunt. Unfortunately, after she told me all the things he did wrong today the only thing that came to my mind was "well, at least he didn't climb on the table". Thankfully, I had a little self-edit going on and I didn't actually say those words.
Today is also the day that I don't go to the gym. And that makes today wonderful.

Comments

Rachael said…
Our friend Vinny (you met him!) goes to Tim's church in NYC- Ryan has visited as well- loves him. Apparently he is as good in the written word as in the flesh!

Popular Posts