GABRIEL HERNANDEZ!

When my mom was not particularly fond of my actions or when she really wanted to get my attention she would holler at me "Clarissa Dawn!". It's a mother's way of saying "I really mean business." Both of my boys, and my husband, have been on the receiving end of me using their first and middle names. First and middle name usage is serious, first, middle and last name....serious trouble. Avoid that at all costs.
As it turns out we live right next door to a Gabriel. This is slightly problematic when I'm trying to call my Gabriel in. Both Gabriels stop and look and sometimes say "me?" So as to prevent confusion, and not lose power of the first name, middle name mother-call, my neighbor and I both call our kids by their first and last name".
It sounds funny. I just heard my neighbor call her son and chuckled. It isn't laugh out loud on the floor funny, but it is just a little funny that I call my son by his first and last name. Like I'm the nurse at the Doctor's office calling the next patient, or handing out an award at school. It sounds very official.
"Gabriel Hernandez can you please pick up the hose and bring it in?"
It is odd. Admit it. If you don't believe me try this: next time you call your child in from playing outside or ask her/him if he/she wants mustard with his/her hotdog use the first and last name.
"Gabriel Hernandez would you like fries with your burger?"

Comments

Rachael said…
that is definitely worthy of a slight chuckle! I will have to try it!

Popular Posts