Hot or Cold?

A few nights ago Matt filled a rather large glass full of warm water from the tap. When I questioned him about this obscure behavior he told me that warm water is easier to drink than cold water. How is that possible? I hate drinking warm water. I could easily gulp down a bottle of cold water on a hot day. But warm water? No.
Clearly this was an invitation for further investigation.
I filled my glass with warm water and Matt filled his with cold. Then we prepared ourselves for our chug-off. It shouldn't have been too difficult of a task, but we started laughing at every little thing and couldn't focus on our experiment. We knew facing each other was out of the question, so we faced the cabinets, opened the cupboard doors to give us each a "drinking cubicle", and started to chug. It is truly impossible to describe the scene but I can tell you there was a lot of water that ended up on the floor and counters and there was a lot of belching on my part.
Our scientific method was skewed. We were testing who could chug faster, obviously Matt, instead of testing whether hot or cold water could be consumed at a faster rate of speed.
So we started with round two: I will chug hot water then chug cold water while Matt keeps track of my time.
This experiment should not have been entered into so lightly. We should have prepared more, with towels and timing devices, but we didn't. Water was everywhere and our official timing method (Matt counting) was often interrupted by bursts of laughter.
In the end, the only conclusive evidence we came up with is that I can't drink very fast without spitting water across the room and burping, a lot. We'll have to return to this experiment another day. Matt will be the chugger, I'll be the timer (with a stopwatch) and we'll report our findings when the experiment is completed.

Comments

Rachael said…
what a sweet picture of two best friends having a great time together with the simple tools of water, spit and cupboard cubbies!
Rachael said…
Or you guys need to get our more! (this is Ryan talking)
Rachael said…
Ah darn. I meant you need to get out more, not "our more." I'm such a bad proof-reader (Ryan again).

Popular Posts