$26.10

Last year my mother-in-law sent me a card with some cash in it. I pulled out the greenbacks to find a $10, $5 and three $1 bills. Clearly mom snatched some cash off the counter or emptied her wallet and stuffed it in the card at the last minute. I laughed so hard. It wouldn't have been funny if she threw in a $20 or a $10 and quite frankly it woudn't have meant nearly as much. Something about her giving me all that she had at that moment made the random cash meaningful. What did I do with the money? I did what I do very well, I went shopping and found a shirt for $17 - perfect.
Today, Matt and I opened our Valentine's card from his mom. You guessed it, tucked inside was $26.10. A $20, $5, $1 coin, a nickel and five pennies. After church tonight Matt, the boys, and I headed out for a Valentine's Day dinner compliments of Matt's mom.
Where can a family of four eat for $26.10? We went to one of our favorite spots Baja Fresh! We ordered two burritos, a quesadilla for the boys to share, an order of chips and salsa, two cokes and two waters for $23.94. Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

Popular Posts