Who knew?

Matt and I don't usually exchange anniversary gifts but this year he had a special little gift for me. He did some research and found that the 11th anniversary gift is "steel". In a moment of creativity and gift giving ingenuity he bought me a stainless steel fondue pot for our anniversary. How fun is that? I've been wanting one every since I bought one for Mika for Christmas. He remembered and it fit perfectly with our 11th anniversary gift!
We didn't have a babysitter for last night, which worked out really well. Matt gave me the gift in the morning, so I had time to grocery shop and pick up some tasty items for a cheese fondue appetizer and a chocolate fondue dessert. Mmmm. It was really good. It turns out the boys prefer the bread and apples plain, instead of dipped in the cheese - so much for the idea of fondue, and Matt and I quickly realized that chocolate is really sensitive and the people at Melting Pot just make it look easy. In the end we dipped pound cake, brownies, bananas and strawberries into a chocolate caramel mix that was delicious.
I'm sure my biggest losers competitors are really happy with this little gift! I've never actually given a gift to someone on their anniversary that was a specific year's "gift". Who knew it could be so creative and fun?

Comments

Popular Posts