Remembering Covid

Last night I watched a show that was set in February 2020. It was that moment in history when the pandemic was a southern thunderstorm building and building until it finally released all of its fury. I watched the characters in the show process the early days of the pandemic, confused, scared and trying to sort everything out. I watched them try to navigate social distancing, Zoom calls and missed graduations. I watched as the storyline followed the countless number of people dying alone in hosptials. I cried as I recalled my 2020. I remembered being afraid, lonely, frustrated and clinging to hope that all of this would be over soon. The world seems to be getting back to normal. I see fewer and fewer masks, and hear less and less cases of fatalities related Covid and yet...the pain and the loss of 2020 is still very real. When will we recover? Will we fully recover from the things we lost?

Comments

Popular Posts