Happy New Year!


Each time I have considered  jumping back into this blog, I was faced with the challenge of how. 
Do I recap six months? Do I pretend like I never stopped?
It some ways it feels overwhelming to go back an chronicle the emotional roller coaster that was the second half of 2020. In other ways I feel like I can’t possibly NOT share the great things that came from the year that shook us.
I finally decided to just jump in and tell the stories as they come. Maybe the stories will be old, maybe they will be new, I’ll just let them take form in whatever way they come.

Today Matt and I celebrate our 24th anniversary. Much like recapturing the past 6 months feels impossible, there is no way to summarize our 24 years of marriage. It feels to overwhelming to find the words to describe the thankfulness I feel, and like cheating to not. 
In so many ways I feel like we’ve made it! We survived the stress of little children, a few wars, countless seasons of long distance relationships, lots of personal growth and now we are here! But on the other hand I look ahead and see how much more we have to go. Kids graduating and heading to college, rewriting our roles as parents, redefining our life in our older years and growth, so much more room for growth.
 I’m glad we have more work to do, I’m glad we are both still in this and willing to work to become better. Better to each other, better parents and better examples to this kids we are still clinging to while slowly letting them soar on their own.

Here’s to 2021.
New life here on the blog.
New opportunities as we approach our 25th year of marriage.
New moments to capture. 
New blessings to be thankful for.
New hope for the future.


 

Comments

Popular Posts