Don't You See It?

My verse of the day today was Isaiah 43:18-19
"Forget the former things do not dwell on the past.  See I am doing a new thing.  Now it springs up do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."

My notes:
  • don't dwell on the past good or bad
  • making a way in the desert
  • do you not.....wait what?? 
I've read or heard this verse a number of times before.  Isaiah is pretty quotable in the Christian circles, but this little part, this question "do you not perceive it?" really jumped out to me today.  I think I just glazed on over that in the past.

Do you not perceive it?
God is doing all this stuff and the people seem to not realize what is going on.  They are focused on the pain of the past or present, or maybe the plenty of the past that is now gone.  They are worried about the future.  They are not realizing that they are standing in the midst of God's provision, mercy, and grace.

My final thought on this today was simple:
You could be standing in the middle of parted waters and not realize that your feet are on dry land.

We are walking in the midst of miracles and sometimes we are just too focused on other things to realize what God is going in our lives. So look around, see if you notice a wall of water to your left or right that is being held back by nothing other than the power of God.

Comments

Popular Posts