10 Wake-ups

Today as I was loading up my Amazon cart with school supplies, I suddenly realized that there are only 10 wake-ups until my oldest son officially begins his Senior year of high school AND Freshman year of college.

My breath caught.
My eyes glistenened.
How can it be?
It happened too fast.

There are so many questions that fill my mind:
Did I teach him enough?
Did I prepare him for adulting?
What do I need to teach him in this next year?
Will he make it in the big world?
Will he be happy?
Will he come home to visit?

I could focus on all that.  But instead I started shopping for a pair of shoes.
See, that is the beauty of Amazon shopping.
When your cart gets you down, you can just skip on over to the leather mules "aisle" and perk yourself right up again.






Comments

Popular Posts