Tonight Eli was reading the high school regulations for behavior at a school sponsored dance and Matt and I spent a solid 10 minutes entertaining ourselves as a result.

I suppose I should give some context to this.

Today at work I caught a kid with chew in his mouth in the classroom.  True story.  He walked in to class with a big wad of chew in his mouth and spit into the trashcan as I was walking by.  I could spend a few hours dissecting that part of the story but we'll save that for another day.
The kid took a nice walk of shame down to the dean's office and then came back to class a bit later, minus the mass of mouth cancer.  I was surprised to see him back.  So you can just chew tobacco on campus, in CLASS these days with no concern or consequence from the administration?

I was curious what the school policy was on the use of tobacco while writing an essay in school, so I asked Eli to look it up.  He didn't locate a specific rule about tobacco but he did find out that drive-by shootings, murder, and unauthorized use of laser pen-lights are prohibited.  He also found a section on the types of behavior that is prohibited at dances.

As Eli read each prohibited act Matt and I provided a demonstration.

Any inappropriate backside dancing (ankle/knee grabbing, bending over more than 90 degrees, etc.)
Inappropriate touching, fondling, excessive displays of affection.
Removal of shirts, pants or necessary articles of clothing
No on the floor dancing or lap dancing
No front to front dancing with legs up or legs intertwined 
No violent, “mosh pit” style dancing 

We couldn't properly demonstrate the front-to-front dancing with my legs up around his waist because he has a bad back right now and that would have probably laid him out.  We did have a wicked rendition of ankle grabbing while bending over 90 degrees - could also be called "tying my shoe to music".  I had no idea that was a thing until today.

As Matt and I were dancing fools in the kitchen we could hear Eli grumbling about how dumb we were, but we noticed a huge smile on his face and the fact that he kept reading off more and more dance moves for us to act out.  Ha!  

It was probably the most entertaining part of our night.  Closely followed by forcing all the boys we brought home from church (four) to sing along to the B-I-B-L-E song, This Little Light of Mine and our favorite, a Veggie Tale Classic, Cebu.

Just a regular Wednesday in the Hernandez house.

Comments

Popular Posts