New Year's Eve Eve

As I'm getting my house ready for our New Year's Eve festivities and guests I find myself reflecting on the year.
I think about our family's triumphs and struggles, joys and pain, the ones we loss and the ones we gained. Then I think about friends and family and their celebrations and mourning.  It has been a busy year for so many people in my life.

All this reflection reminded me of my favorite version of Auld lang Syne.  It is called "For all that you have done" by Rend Collective.  
Below are the words.
They resonate in my heart and I will make them my prayer.

Your grace will never be forgot
Your mercy all my life
Will be my source forever song
My story and my light

From mountain top to valley low 
through laughter and through tears
Surely the goodness of my God 
Will follow all the years

For all that you have done for us
for every battle won
We’ll raise a song to bless your heart
For all that you have done

You know our failures and regrets
You always led us home
Redemption’s arm has raised us up
Our triumph in the storm

For all that you have done for us
for every battle won
We’ll raise a song to bless your heart

For all that you have done

You can listen on youtube here

Comments

Popular Posts