This photo has nothing to do with my post today, other than it makes me smile and thats tough to draw up these days.

This picture was taken in Taermina, Italy, a truly magical place.  We spent the afternoon hanging out at the beach.  When it was time to go, G just slipped on his Vans and called it good.  Why worry about changing your clothes when you can just roll through the streets in a speedo and Vans?

This past week was one of the toughest weeks of my life.

I could list all of the reasons why but I'd rather not relive it.
I'll just say this: the boys and I were living in a crappy hotel, I was working all week and I was busy cleaning out the old house for the renters, while spending every single night of the week at baseball games for E's EOS tournament, or the boys' band and orchestra concerts, or both!
The van was filled with all of the last minute stuff we had at the old house to sleep on and clean with, the hotel had sub-par laundry facilities so the amount of dirty clothes baskets was starting to overflow the cargo area, and it poured down rain for one of Eli's games so there was wet, muddy, gear making the place smell extra special as well.

I had hoped to go to my cousin's high school graduation on Friday night so I checked out of the hotel Friday morning, only to have to find a new hotel later that night when Eli's team won a game AGAIN.  All those wins meant more games causing us to linger in Olympia longer so we missed the graduation on Friday and the party the following day.

At the ball field at 11:40 on Saturday morning.
There were two outs.
Eli's team was down by 1, but we were home and had once last chance to take the lead.
The tying run on third, the winning run on 2nd.
Eli was up.
If he got a base hit we would at least tie, play more innings and have a chance at playing ANOTHER game.
If he gets out, game over, we go home.
I was so nervous for him.  Talk about pressure!!
Tears were rolling down my face.  The excitement and tension of the game coupled with my week was overwhelming, I desperately did not want the team to win and keep us in Olympia for another 3 hours.  But I also didn't want to have the loss be on Eli's shoulders.
Then the clouds opened up and God's mercy came down in the form of a risky move by the opponent.  They decided to intentionally walk Eli to load the bases and move on to the next batter who was statistically more likely to get out.  Their plan worked.  Eli walked, the batter hit to short and was out at first.
The season was finally over for us.
And the boys and I could go home.

6 days: 5 baseball games, 2 concerts, 1 house cleaned out, 2 hotels, and walking away from a house I love so much....finally we headed to Issaquah.






Comments

Popular Posts