Stuck in My Teeth

I have an aversion to Oreos and Cheetos because they get stuck in my teeth.
Sure I can just brush my teeth and prevent plaque built up and cavities, but that isn't the issue.
The issue is the lingering flavor.
When I'm still tasting the cookie ten minutes after I consumed it....it makes me hungry for more.  That hint of whatever I just ate creates a craving in me that is so hard to resist and often causes me to go back for more, and more.
I'm currently suffering from a wicked addiction to candied pecans.  They are my favorite little sweet snack and my dear friend Darlene whipped up a batch and sent them to me for my birthday.  AWESOME!
But the problem is, like Oreos and Cheetos, the pecans and all their sugary goodness are crammed down in my crevices of my molars and as I work feverishly to get them out, it just spreads the flavor around and makes me want more.
I consumed a large quantity in the past two days.  I won't say how much but it is so much that even Gabe had something to say about my level of consumption.
The moral of the story is
1: definitely surround yourself with friends who love you enough to send you home-made candied pecans.  Since these are made by a Georgia girl, you pronounce them peee-can not the West Coast way puh-kahn. And they are delicious.
2: Open your tasty packages alone so nobody can see your goodies, request them to be shared or comment on your over-consumption of them.
3: If you are going to eat something, do something, or hang around someone that is going to stick to you like Cheetos in your teeth, make sure that something or someone is one that you want to stick with you.  Carrots get stuck in your teeth but its ok to keep going back for more.

Comments

Popular Posts