Living on the Edge

Not the wild side kind of edge, the verge of a complete breakdown edge.
I feel like I am that car dangling off the side of a cliff and at any moment that one tiny shift of weight will send it plummeting into the canyon.
A few hours into our second day of driving up to Washington I looked to Matt and told him "any moment now I'm going to cry histerically".  After a few more hours of me being grumpy and edgy and without having the afore mentioned breakdown, Matt asked if I could go ahead and get it over with so we could move on.
It didn't happen.
It didn't happen when I got in a verbal altercation with the hotel clerk over a room assignment, it didn't happen when we got to the room and realized staying here was going to be ridiculous, and it didn't happen when I couldn't log on to the wifi in the room after typing in the 35 digit password 4 times.  I also managed to hold things together when the number of houses available to look at were slashed to 1/3, when I found out the house we liked most was located in boundaries of a poorly ranked school, and I held it together when I realized I don't have my social security card and therefore cannot bring a copy of it for the lender on Monday.
I'm beginning to wonder if the car is actually going to remain balanced on that cliff and all the occupants will escape a dramatic crash . . . or maybe it is just waiting for an unexpected wind or perhaps a butterfly to land on the hood.
I'm not going to lie, it has been a rough week.  It was one of those weeks where one blast of bad news seemed to follow another and another.  It was a week when I started to question choices, friendships and direction.  It was a week that I thought would be filled with excitement and joy but was overwhelmed by frustration.
But today it is Friday...
One of my favorite recordings ever was part of a message entitled It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming.
Two of the greatest lines are these:
It’s Friday
Hope is lost
Death has won
Sin has conquered
and Satan’s just a laughin’
It’s Friday
Jesus is buried
A soldier stands guard
And a rock is rolled into place
But it’s Friday
It is only Friday
Sunday is a comin’!
Today is Friday and there are going to be a few days until things get better, but they will get better.  It is only Friday..... and Sunday is a comin'.  The clouds will pass, hope will return, joy will flow, and peace will cover.  Its only Friday.  We are so blessed to be here in Washington at this particular time in our lives.  Blessed to be able to buy a house under the best circumstances to do so in ages.  Blessed that our kids are enjoying a lovely vacation in California so that we can handle all this business here without them.  It may be Friday yes.... but Sunday is coming and when it gets here, we will celebrate wildly!

Comments

Allison said…
Hugs & chocolate sent your way in my head.

Popular Posts