Hotel Coma

There is just something about this hotel room that makes me want to be lazy.  While the accommodations are acceptable this place is becoming a little depressing.

There are a few issues working together to make me swing toward being a lazy bum.

Seating Issue: There is no couch so that means my choices for sitting are between the a: comfy bed or b: uncomfortable dining chairs.
Temperature Issue.  The AC is either blasting cold or it is stuffy and hot in here.
TV Issue: we have a whole bunch of television options that we haven't had for three years.
Cozy Blanket Issue: I hate hotel linens but my sister sent a home-made super comfy fleece blanket to snuggle with.

Add all this together and what do you get?  Me laying in bed snuggled up with the blanket watching shows about pawn shops, repo men, fish tank builders, people buying wedding dresses and a show about a guy to helps people tame their cats.

Today I grabbed a book and went down to the patio to soak up some sun and embrace this rare Northwest Washington weather.  Moments after I got down there a crazy guy strolled over to a retired couple, also hoping to enjoy their afternoon in the sun, and distracted me with non-sensical stories and lies.  The conversation I was overhearing became too intriguing to ignore and I found myself reading one line of my book for every 10 minutes of craziness going on behind me.

I don't have my good running shoes with me so I haven't hit the pavement yet, but at this point I'm willing to risk blisters and sore knees in order to run myself out of this hotel coma!




Comments

Popular Posts