Happy Veteran's Day....

At dinner tonight Matt and I were talking about the bank being closed because it was Veteran's day. Gabe heard us and announced that he was a Veteran. I had to do some follow-up:
Me: Why do you think you are a Veteran?
Gabe: because I don't eat meat.
This left me speechless for a moment. I finally composed myself and explained the difference between a veteran and a vegetarian!
Just as I finished clearing that up, Eli chimes in with new information on his Veteran status:
"My teacher said that the kids in my class are kind of like veterans because even though we are not the Army guys, we have to still move around and leave our friends and live in new places and have to deal with our dad's being gone and stuff so she decided that she was going to honor US on Veteran's Day. And when she told us this, she was crying."
How can I argue with that?
Happy Veteran's Day to my husband a member of the US Army for 16 years, a veteran of OIF and the "war on terror", to all soldiers, airmen, sailors and marines who have given their time to serve in the US Armed Forces, and to the children of those soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines whose lives are also effected by their parent's decision to serve.

Comments

Rachael said…
I cannot tell you how many times a tear comes to my eye when I read your words. Happy Veteran's Day to YOU my sweet friend and your adorable children and loving husband. We so appreciate your sacrifice.

Popular Posts