Missing Blogger Found in Western Germany

If my waitress takes more than 20 minutes to bring my menu or take my drink order, I leave.
If my doctor keeps me waiting 45 minutes past my appointment time, I leave.
If I have been on hold with the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles for more than 40 songs, I hang up.
If a blogger has not updated their blog in more than a few weeks, I stop checking back.
If you have been waiting ever so patiently for me to fill your mind with my useless chatter, please accept my apologies and a free drink and appetizer next time you visit!

May:
Free weekend in Garmisch, Germany for a company sponsored marriage retreat. Free food, free lodging, free childcare and an entertaining 4 hours of workshops (split in two sessions) using the "Active Military Life and Resiliency Skills" curriculum. I'm surprised the Army doesn't use an acronym for that - AMLRS. Matt and I dropped the kids off at the childcare room on Friday night, went to our workshop for a few hours, picked the kids up and then had all day Saturday to jaunt around Garmisch. We walked around a gorge, ate, I napped while the boys swam, and then the kids went to childcare that night while Matt and I enjoyed a quiet dinner without them and attempted a romantic walk around the Eibsee lake. It was raining, thunder, lightening. We got wet. We laughed and made the best of it, and a duck tried to bite my foot. We also hung out a little with some people from Matt's battalion that we don't usually see, and had a great time.
Beach Weekend in Alicante, Spain. Oh Alicante. The city itself was nothing too special and not really worth spending a ton of time there, however, Gran Alacant was a little suburb that we stayed in and it had the most beautiful beach. Our apartment was on a hill over looking the beach which was great for the view but returning up the hill from the beach was a little taxing. We didn't do anything other than sleep in, eat, and enjoy the beach. That was enough. It was a really great family beach trip. The last time my family was at the beach? Nearly TWO years ago before we moved to Germany. Too long.

And now it is June. Time is flying by so fast I can barely catch my breath. The boys have two more weeks of school, followed by one week off and then four weeks of summer school. Summer school is from 9-12 each day, mainly just something for the kids to do. This coming weekend Matt will embark on his first big cycling venture. He is taking part in the Liberty Trail Ride, a course set to commemorate the Battle of Bastogne. He will spend three days riding around the Bastogne area with about 300 other riders. I'm really excited for him to do this ride and pray that he does well and is encouraged to keep on peddling! Later this month we'll head to Salzburg and Vienna, Austria with the Mlacks for a 4 day getaway and get our groove on with Elton John at his concert here in Mannheim.

That's what's up. Hopefully, I can keep up!

Comments

mrscotis said…
Ok, I almost quit checking your blog. You have NO idea how much I have missed it. :) I am happy again!!
Rachael said…
I am so glad to see you are back . . . I knew you would be back and just figured you were too busy adventuring to write it all down! Sounds like some fabulous trips- the beach especially sounded so nice. Love ya!

Popular Posts