In Sickness and more Sickness

There are people who get sick every year, every time a wave of the cold or flu passes through and then there are people who seem to avoid every plague that comes their way.  Luckily, our family tends to be the ones who avoid sickness.  When the boys were young they definitely missed more days of school for family vacations than sick days.
Being exposed to dozens of germ-infested children over the past decade of working in schools has probably helped me fight off all the funk that has come my way.  I can't remember the last time I was really sick.
Until May.  
May has turned out to be my month of sickness.  During my visit with E, he generously shared a wicked cold with me.  That cold hit me harder than anything I have had in a long time.  I wasn't sleeping because my throat hurt, I was snotty, coughing, and felt just downright gross.  I medicated, slept, medicated and after 10 days I finally felt 100%.
A week and a half passed and then I was down again.  I feared that the horrible cold was back, but it turns out I finally joined the millions of Americans who have tested positive for Covid.  I guess I knew this day would eventually come, it just would have been really nice if my body could have been a little stronger before I got hit with sickness again.
So I am hunkered down in my guest room waiting out the Rona. I've slept, medicated, slept, binge-watched some shows and now I am bored and annoyed.

Comments

Popular Posts