Christmas 2007

So much has happened since my last post. My family arrived here on December 19th to spend Christmas at our house! This was our first time hosting family for Christmas and our family's first time traveling for the holidays. It was such a blessing to have everyone here. I'll cherish it forever!
On the 21st my sister, brother in law, Matt and I left all the kids with my parents and drove up to New York City. We spend two days walking around the city, doing some shopping and catching the Broadway show Wicked. It was fabulous!
Over the coarse of the next few days we celebrated my mom's 57th birthday with dinner, attended a Christmas Eve - Eve service, went down to the National and Capital tree, and my family had time to fit in a visit to the air museum and Mount Vernon.
Christmas day was so fun. Everyone stayed in their jammies until at least noon. We opened gifts, Katina made everyone an omelet, and we squeezed in some Guitar Hero before getting dressed and ready for dinner. Matt and I took on the "roast beast" or prime rib, while mom and Katina helped out with some side dishes.
We were joined by our pals the Swansons for dinner and all sat down together to enjoy a really tasty meal. I just can't say it enough - it was so special for Matt and I to be at our house, with my family, and our friends enjoying a really great meal time together on Christmas.
We spent most of our evenings during their visit playing games, laughing, eating, and just enjoying our time together. As usual, it all came to an end too fast. Everyone left on the 29th.
We had a wonderful time these past few weeks getting ready for Christmas, the parties, family visiting, Christmas, and so many fun times and memories. We hope your season was filled with love and joy!

Comments

mrscotis said…
So how was that roasted beast??
Your honest answer please!
Unknown said…
it was scrumptious! the whole dinner was! What a wonderful time working together to make the meal and all the fun eating it too! It was GREAT

Popular Posts