2012

Today Gabe and I were on our way home from a meeting at Matt's work when Gabe posed the following question:
"What is 2012 going to be like?"
Great question! I wish I knew the answer.
I'm not sure what was going through Gabe's mind when he thought of what 2012 would bring, but my mind started racing about where we will live, what Matt's job will be, will I get to Istanbul?, and "oh my goodness Eli will be 10 years old in 2012.
Gabe then alerted me that 2012 is right around the corner "just a few months away". Just as I began to panic and try to sort through a hundred different scenarios for 2012, Gabe brought me back to reality through a simple math problem.
"What is 30 + 31+30+31 + the rest of the days in August?"
I had an answer for this one: 142.
To which Gabe replied "oh man that isn't very soon at all".
So glad that this conversation ended on a good note. Now I can sleep well tonight knowing I still have 142 days left before 2012!

Comments

Rachael said…
i am impressed that he knew how many days are in each of those months!

Popular Posts